Derek West, D.O.
|Derek West, D.O.
Dr. Derek West, a native Oklahoman, grew up in south Oklahoma City. He has enjoyed eighteen years of direct patient care in the field of orthopedics.
After graduating in 2001 from the OSU Center for Health Sciences in Tulsa, he returned to Oklahoma City to complete his internship and residency in Orthopaedic Surgery through Oklahoma State University. He received additional training in pediatrics from the Children's Hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio as well as training in trauma, total joint replacement, and shoulder and elbow surgery while rotating at Tampa General Hospital in Florida.
His comprehensive practice ranges from general orthopedics and trauma to sports medicine, joint replacement procedures, and shoulder & elbow surgery. Utilizing arthroscopic and minimally invasive techniques, patients benefit from smaller incisions, less pain, shorter rehabilitation periods, and an earlier return to activity.
Appointments are available at the main South OKC campus, located at 8100 S. Walker, as well as our Chickasha office.
- Oklahoma Center for Orthopaedic & Multi-Specialty Surgery
- Integris Southwest Medical Center
- Integris Baptist Medical Center
- Integris Canadian Valley Regional Hospital
- St. Anthony Hospital
- Bone and Joint Hospital
- Deaconess Hospital
- Community Hospital
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopaedics
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American College of Osteopathic Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Association
- Oklahoma Osteopathic Association
Professional Affiliations and Service:
- Associate Residency Director for St. Anthony Hospital Orthopaedic Residency Program
- Chairman of Orthopaedics Department at Integris Southwest Medical Center
- Chairman of Credentialing Committee at Integris Southwest Medical Center
- Associate Clinical Professor through OSU